Little Wings Preschool and École Powerview School have recently been selected as the winners of the 2019 Educaring Award, presented by the Manitoba Child Care Association. The Award is presented to a child care program, and public school who work together to provide an exemplary experience for preschool aged children and their transition into school. Please join me in congratulating Debbie Majeau and her Little Wings Staff (Teresa Cowan & Tasha Simard) and our school staff who work together in the best interest of our youngest students.
Recognizing this outstanding partnership, do you know a family with a child born in 2014 who would like to be part of an award winning program? Kindergarten registration is underway for the 2019-2020 school year. Children who were born in 2014 are welcome to register for either our English or French Immersion program here at École Powerview School. While our registration deadline has already passed, we will accept registrations right up to the start of the school year. However it is much easier for the school to plan if your child is already registered.
If you have a child who was born in 2014 and who would like to register for one of our Kindergarten programs, please feel free to contact the school office.
- Trevor Reid, Principal
Ten Questions Families with Young Children Should Consider:
- What kind of screens are in your home (e.g., TV, tablet, computer, smartphone)? Which does your child use?
- Is watching TV or programs/movies on other devices a shared family activity and a common way to relax? How often is a screen on in the background although no one is really watching?
- Does anyone in the family use screens during mealtimes?
- What do you watch with your child? What does your child watch alone?
- Do you encourage or discourage conversation with your child while you are using screens?
- Do you ever watch adult/commercial programming with your child?
- Does your child use screens while you do chores around the home? Often? Sometimes?
- Are there any screen-based activities in your child’s day care program? Do you know how much these are used?
- Does your child use any kind of screen before bedtime? How long before bedtime? Is there a TV or computer in your child’s bedroom? Does your child take mobile devices into the bedroom?
- Does your family have rules or guidelines for screen use that everyone understands and shares?
Information for parents is available at www.caringforkids.cps.ca